Needing to unwind and take a break from the day to day grind of life? Looking for an opportunity to reconnect to yourself? Look no further. Join Maura Manzo and Dana Ellis for an unforgettable week in Roatan Island, Honduras. This laid back getaway surrounded by brilliant turquoise water and lush vegetation is the perfect environment to help us transition into island life ~ no traffic, no distractions and no stress! Daily yoga and acupuncture sessions will rebalance and revitalize body, mind and spirit and Tranquilseas Ecolodge provides the backdrop to seriously relax and unwind. Fresh, healthy meals will be prepared daily to nourish us from the inside out. Whether you prefer snorkeling the magnificent reefs, kayaking in the crystal clear water or just napping in a hammock for a lazy afternoon – a week on this remote island leave you no choice but to chill out.
To support our journey away from the busy-ness of life and into the tranquility of our own presence, we will use the complementary practices of yin yoga and acupuncture. Yin yoga is a system of yoga that holds poses on the ground for 3-5 minutes to release tension, increase mobility and flexibility, quiet the minds and harmonize the flow of prana (energy) in the body. In Chinese Medicine ’shen’ refers to that aspect of our being that is spiritual and looks to the universe around us. Shen draws our attention to the divine, contributes to wisdom, virtue, and calmness, and maintains order in our whole being. Acupuncture points applied during the yin practice will work to rebalance and nourish our shen, ultimately renewing our entire being.
Surrender into the sweet flow of life and fill yourself up from the inside out. Join us! Space is limited. Sign up today!
Retreat Package Includes:
- 8 days/7nights in unique cabana accommodations set amongst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens or overlooking the stunning Caribbean Ocean
- All meals and drinking water
- Acupuncture & yoga classes (think slow grounding yin classes and deeply nourishing restorative practices)
- Snorkeling along the Great Mayan Reef
- Day trip to East Bay and beach BBQ
- Transfer to and from airport
- Access to pool, kayaks and paddle boards
- Wifi (though we totally recommend unplugging all week!)
- Multi-Room Cabana, Dorm Style Bed $1549
Shared Room, 2 Queen Beds, Ocean View $1649Sold Out! Single Room, King Bed, Garden View $1749Sold Out! Single Room, Queen Bed, Ocean View $1849Sold Out! Single Room, King Bed, Ocean View $1899Sold Out!
- View Rooms Here
- Early Bird Save $200 if registered by July 29
- Airfare, alcohol and tips not included
- This retreat is open to all levels of practitioners, including beginners. Yoga practice will simple in nature and accessible to all skill levels.
- Acupuncture sessions will use press tacks, needles and acupressure for those who are needle sensitive.
- Full payment is due at time of booking to reserve your space.
- All payments are non-refundable. In the event you can no longer attend, you may transfer your reservation to another guest.
- Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in a retreat for any reason, the cancellation policy will apply, with no exceptions.
- It is recommended that all participants secure travel insurance at their own expense. (Check out TRAVELGUARD, which offers a variety of travel insurances, including the option for a comprehensive “cancel for any reason” policy. If you cancel your retreat – for any reason – your airfare, hotel, retreat costs, etc. up until 48 hours prior to travel, will be covered. This comprehensive package is called the “Gold Package Cancel for Any Reason Policy”. You must contact Travelguard and purchase the policy within 15 days of buying your airline tickets or incurring any costs for any part of your travel. You can also just insure your air tickets. Travelguard can give you quotes for each scenario.)
About the Teachers:
Maura Manzo is the co-founder of Yoga Home. She is a widely followed and recognized teacher in the Philadelphia area. She has taught at both Wanderlust Philly and Namas Day Philly Yoga Festival. SHe was named one of Be Well Philly’s Top 5 Yogis to Watch and has been featured in Origin Magazine, Philadelphia Magazine and the Huffington Post. She has trained extensively with Seane Corn and Off the World Into the World.. Most recently, Maura was named Philadelphia Magazine’s Best of Philly award for Best Yoga Studio & Best Yoga Podcast. The unique combination of her expertise in health coaching, leadership training and yoga enables her to provide an inspiring and integrative approach to life. Her classes are challenging and thought provoking. Her deep commitment to building community shows up in all that she offers. She will empower you to wake up to your fullest potential to live an authentic, purposeful and joyful life.
Dana DePaul Ellis, L.Ac is a dedicated and caring practitioner with extensive training and experience in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). She is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Pennsylvania and holds a MSTOM (Master’s of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine) from the renowned Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, where she completed a rigorous four-year program consisting of nearly 4000 hours of classroom and clinical training in Chinese Herbology, Acupuncture, and Western Medicine. She has completed several clinical rotations at UC San Diego Hospital’s Owen Clinic and Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, and has studied with several Japanese Acupuncture Masters both in the United States and Japan. Working with the therapies of Traditional Chinese Medicine, she strives to bring the body back into balance: body, mind and spirit. Dana has personally experienced the profound effects of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in her personal health journey and loves seeing those same remarkable transformations in her patients.
- Questions? Email Maura Manzo or Dana Ellis
- To Learn More About Tranquilseas and Roatan Yoga, visit www.tranquilseas.com
Space is limited. Sign up today!