Yoga of 12-Step Recovery combines the wisdom of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Trainings are open to yoga teachers, and other professionals who work with people who are impacted by addiction – including therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and more.
Through our Y12SR Leadership Training, you will learn how to:
● Create safe, sacred, open and inclusive space that welcomes all who are dealing with their own addictive behavior, or that of others
● Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery
● Recognize symptoms of unresolved trauma and emotional dysregulation
● Share yoga as a tool for relapse prevention, and to sustainably manage internal states
● Utilize teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally
● Use social learning theory to model new behavior and support observational learning
● Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation and spiritual bypass/arrogance
● Work collaboratively within the group setting, and with institutions
● Develop a network of professionals, including trauma experts and others in field of addiction recovery
● Get the tools, knowledge and support to offer weekly Yoga of 12-Step Recovery meetings in your community.
Through ancient texts and modern research in neuroscience, we will learn how the cognitive approach of the 12-step program, the trauma-informed approach of Somatic Experience and the body-based approach of yoga and mindfulness practices work together to bring about changes in brain patterning. Driven by the theme “the issues live in our tissues,” this holistic framework for relapse prevention fosters compassionate awareness, change and healing. Designed for yoga teachers who wish to work with the recovery population, this training is also extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others who wish to understand how the philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
This training is also the second step in our two-part certification process. Upon completion of both our Intensive and Leadership Training, you will be fully certified to lead weekly Y12SR meetings in community or clinical settings. You will also receive access to a private library of training and marketing materials, and ongoing support from a community of professionals.To become fully qualified to host Y12SR meetings, you must complete both the intensive and the leadership training. To learn more, visit www.y12sr.org Limited partial scholarships may be available by application.Please contact Mysh at email@example.com prior to Feb 26,2019 to request an application.
Dates: April 26-28Friday 6-9, Saturday 9-6, Sunday 9-4$375 // $25 off by 3.26.19
An accomplished speaker, teacher and practitioner, Nikki Myers is an MBA, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Addictions Recovery Specialist, and Certified Health Coach. Born from her personal struggle with addiction, Nikki is the founder of Y12SR, The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery. Based in its theme ‘the issues live in the tissues’, Y12SR is a relapse prevention program that weaves the art & science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Y12SR meetings are now available throughout the world and the curriculum is rapidly becoming a feature of addiction recovery treatment centers. Nikki’s work has been featured in the New York Times, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Origin Magazine, and CBSnews.com. She is honored to be a co-founder of the annual Yoga, Meditation and Recovery Conferences at Esalen Institute and Kripalu Center. Nikki was named as a Yoga Journal Game Changer in 2015 and honored as a recipient of the esteemed NUVO Cultural Visionary Award in 2014. web: www.y12sr.com