- Increased strength, balance and flexibility — both mental and physical
- Rhythm, an inward sense of direction and the ability to move through life in a more integrated way
- The capacity to live more fully within the body
- An enhanced ability to manage stress
- A deepened sense of connection with others
This Training is open to all who have an interest in helping individuals with physical disabilities more fully explore the mind-body-spirit connection. Yoga teachers, physical therapists, occupational therapist, recreation therapists, caregivers and parents are all welcome.
We’ll first experience the postures in our own bodies, then provide assists with each other. Finally, we’ll be joined by one of our Yoga Home Adaptive Yoga students for true ‘hand on’ training.
Workshop Fee: $40
About Kerri Hanlon: Kerri believes the heart of a yoga practice is the art of acceptance, of ourselves and others. It’s her belief that yoga is for everyone – all ages, all abilities, all body shapes and sizes – that sparked her to partner with Maura Manzo to open Yoga Home. She is passionate about bringing Adaptive Yoga to the Philadelphia region, and credits her son, Sean, who has severe cerebral palsy, with being her inspiration. She has completed Level 1 and 2 Training on Opening Yoga with Matthew Sanford of Mind Body Solutions and brings this approach to her Adaptive Yoga Classes.