In this 3 day training, we’ll take a deep dive into the field of Adaptive Yoga. With the belief that yoga is for EVERY body, we’ll explore the mind-body-spirit connection that is available to all, regardless of physical limitations.
You can expect to learn and develop:
- A deeper knowledge and appreciation of the benefits of specific yoga postures and breath techniques and how to modify them for physical limitations
- Understanding of the energetics behind a yoga practice and how to best support individuals with disabilities in their practice
- Confidence in using props to support individuals with disabilities
- Templates and class structure for teaching Adaptive Yoga classes
- Person centered language to create a safe and welcoming environment for your students
- Business skills to market your Adaptive Yoga teaching
- Self-care practices to ensure your safety and sustainability in teaching
This Training is open to all who have an interest in helping individuals with physical disabilities more fully explore the mind-body-spirit connection. Yoga teachers, physical therapists, occupational therapist, recreation therapists, caregivers and parents are all welcome. While yoga experience is helpful, it is not required to participate in this training.
- Journal or notebook
- Yoga mat (or borrow one of ours)
- Water bottle
- Please wear attire meant for movement and dress in layers
Saturday, February 24 10:30am-6:30pm
Sunday, February 25 12:15-4pm